What server configurations in server.xml can be changed/applied without a restart of Spotfire Server?
ver 7.5 high
- Spotfire Server is implemented as a Tomcat web application.
- This file is stored in the <installation dir>/tomcat/conf/ directory.
- Note that each Spotfire Server in a cluster has a server.xml file.
- The variable [SpotfirePort] is set when running the Spotfire Server installer.
- The variable [ServerHostname]-srv is automatically set by the installer by adding the strings -srv to the server's hostname.
- This variable must not contain any characters that need escaping, such as "."
- For details about the server.xml syntax, see Apache Tomcat documentation at http://tomcat.apache.org/ .
- For information on editing the file, see Manually editing the server.xml file.
- Open the following file in an XML editor or a text editor: <server installation dir>/tomcat/conf/server.xml.
- Make the necessary changes.
- Save and close the file.
- Restart the Spotfire Server.