Diagnostic & Monitoring Tool Denodo 7.0 , Denodo 6.0 , Denodo 5.5 , Denodo 5.0
The Diagnostic & Monitoring Tool is a web tool included in the Denodo Platform for versions 6.0 and 7.0 that provides two main features:
- Monitor the current state of a Virtual DataPort server or an environment (group of servers).
- Analyze its state in the past in order to identify the cause of a problem.
The Denodo Monitor is a tool included in the Denodo Platform that logs several parameters of the Denodo servers. Denodo monitor includes three types of “monitors”
- Local monitors: They gather information about the machine where the Denodo Monitor is running.
- Server monitors: They obtain monitoring information by connecting to a server via JMX. Thus, they can obtain this information from remote servers.
- VDP queries monitor. It logs several parameters of all the VQL queries by a VDP server. It also obtains this information via JMX, so it can monitor remote servers.
The Denodo Monitor is located in the directory $DENODO_HOME/tools/monitor, compressed in a zip file. Detailed information on the information available using the Denodo Monitor can be found in the Denodo Monitor section of the VDP Administration Guide.
The Query Monitor is a tool that lists the queries that the Virtual DataPort server is currently executing. If we select a row of the table, the tool displays the tree view of the query, the tree of views used to form the results of the query. Clicking on each node of the tree displays information about it, such as number of processed rows, state, etc.